After surviving the “polar vortex” that hit the East Coast this winter, why not welcome spring by getting your Ford cleaned? If you purchased your vehicle at a local Portsmouth Ford dealership, you have several options in the area for detailing, car washing, window tinting, and green cleaning. Here are a few:
- Clean-Rite – Provides a personal touch by offering to come to you! They have free estimates and consultations and have made car washing and detailing an art form by specializing in certain services. They do an “In & Out” hand car wash, shampoo the upholstery, clean the engine, offer a complete detail, condition leather seats, remove window tinting, and even offer a 30-day unlimited car wash. Their hours are Monday through Friday, 9 am to dark; Saturday, 9 am to 5 pm; and Sunday by appointment.
- Flag Stop Car Wash – They don’t offer the personal touch that Clean-Rite does, but they do have some services that will have your car looking and running like brand new. Some of the services they offer are exterior washing, interior vacuuming, window cleaning, tire dressing, wheel brightening, and triple foam conditioners. They also offer many services under “Quick Lube,” including an 18-point, full-service with free exterior wash, synthetic transmission flush, radiator drain and fill, power steering, and fuel injection. Their hours are Mondy through Saturday from. 8 am to 5:30 pm and Sundays from 9 am to 4 pm.
- Pro Detailing – They offer attention to detail at a reasonable price. They do hand wash, trunk clean, scratch removal, and vinyl and leather treatment. Their hours are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm; Saturday from 8 am to 6 pm,; and they are closed on Sundays.
- C Hall Mobile Detailing – Offering high-quality service. Their Express Menu includes Speedy, SpeedyPlus, Primo, Fresco, Smooth, Perfecto, and New Car Protection/Restore. Additional costs include bug, pet hair, and water mark removal; applying leather conditioner; upholstery car seats; and engine detail. With advanced technologies and cutting-edge products, they stand out in service. Call the location for hours: 757-550-2066.
- Reliable Auto Detail – They offer mobile service in addition to their permanent location. In addition to cars, they work on boats, RVs, mobile homes, and fleets. They offer residential and commercial pressure washing and power washing. Call the location for hours: 757-497-2222.
- Splash Mobile Detailing – High-quality detailer providing interior and exterior detailing. They also remove acid rain, bumper stickers, and road paint and tar. They’re open 7 days a week. Call for an appointment at 757-745-1397.
Cavalier Ford Chesapeake Square doesn’t offer detailing, but they can give you a tune-up, which includes oil change, brake inspection, tire rotation, battery test, and multi-point inspection.
Why not start off your spring by making your car like new at one of these local spots? There’s nothing like a fresh-smelling, smooth-running car to drive into a new season.
Your Ford will endure some pretty rough treatment if the winter is harsh. Salt, grime, and mud are just a few of the things that will splash onto your car. When they land on the paint, they can dull the shine and, in some cases, start to erode metal that has been exposed due to paint being chipped away. They can also build up under your vehicle and begin to deteriorate rubber pieces and actually increase the wear and tear a vehicle must endure.
To safely help your vehicle transition from the cold, wintery mix of weather to warmer, summer-like temperatures and mild conditions, the following steps can make the move from one season to another smooth and effortless. A few simple steps can increase the life of your vehicle:
- As soon as the weather breaks, wash your vehicle. Take the extension and direct the spray of water up into the wheel wells to knock down dirt that may be hidden deep inside them. Washing the undercarriage of the vehicle prevents salt and chemicals used to clear the highways from sticking to hard-to-reach places. This can result in extensive rust and damage in areas where it will not be immediately noticeable.
- Check and rotate your tires. Make sure there is still an adequate amount of tread for the tire to connect with the road like it is supposed to. Carefully examine the tread and make sure there are no tears, bald spots, or bulges along the walls of the tire.
- When the weather has changed and warmer temperatures are more constant, schedule an oil change. It won’t hurt to have a complete tune-up at the same time. Most places that perform oil changes will check all of the fluids, as well as tires, hoses, and belts.
- If you didn’t have the radiator flushed and new fluid added before winter, now is the time to perform this procedure. Have the radiator fluid checked every time you change the oil. Make sure both the radiator and the reservoir have adequate amounts and are filled to the correct levels.
- Check your windshield wipers and make sure they fit firmly against the window. Replace your wipers if they are curved, torn, or just not sliding evenly along the window. Whenever you take the time to check your wipers, it’s also a good idea to examine the washer fluid reservoir. Make sure there is always enough fluid in the reservoir to clean the windows.
- Clean the interior of the vehicle as well as the trunk. Take out anything that has to do with the winter months. This could be salt or ice melt, cat litter for weight, or chains for the tires. Removing things that are not necessary will reduce excess weight and improve gas mileage.
If you have any questions about transitioning your Ford vehicle from winter to summer care, call the professionals at Cavalier Ford of Chesapeake Square. Visit them at 4021 Portsmouth Blvd., Chesapeake, VA 23321 to see what advice they can give you to get your Ford ready for the summer festivities or schedule a service appointment online.
The stress and strain that is placed on cars during the winter season is enormous. Simply starting a car in winter conditions is a challenge for many drivers. However, winter does not have to be a source of potential car problems. There are several tips that can help keep any car running properly during the winter season and prevent the chance of being stranded. Your local Ford Service Department says three of the most important tips are:
- Inspect the tires
- Check the battery
- Check the filters
Inspect The Tires
One of the most common and most dangerous problems that drivers have concerning cars is a blown tire. A tire that blows when a car is going at a high rate of speed can cause a serious accident. The reason why cold weather has an effect on car tires is because as the temperature drops it causes tires to lose air pressure. The loss of air pressure makes it harder for tires to grip the road, especially if there is snow, ice, or other winter conditions.
Check The Battery
A car battery goes through tremendous stress during the winter season. The cold weather forces the battery to use additional power to start during cold conditions. A battery that is somewhat weak will have a tough time performing during the winter season and could possibly give out completely.
Check The Filters
Car filters are an important aspect to a properly running car. The filters need to be clean so that they can operate properly. A dirty fuel filter, PCV filter, or air filter can cause engine issues such as difficult starts, frequent stalling, or tough idling. Moreover, during the winter season, these issues become more of a problem because cold weather forces a car to work harder, which places even more strain on the engine.
For people in or near Chesapeake, VA or Portsmouth, VA, if your car needs to be checked to make sure that it is ready for the winter season, take a few moments to bring your car to the Cavalier Ford Chesapeake Square dealership. Professional, courteous, and friendly car care is what you will find at the Cavalier Ford Chesapeake Square dealership. We are here to meet the needs of all of our customers.
Visit your local Ford Service department at 4021 Portsmouth Blvd, Chesapeake, VA 23321.