When it comes to cars, second hand is not second best. It is possible to find a pre-owned car that is in perfect working condition. Your best for this is to go for a certified pre-owned (CPO) vehicle. There are a number of advantages to buying a CPO vehicle:
- Top condition; CPO vehicles only earn the badge if they are certified to be in top condition. A vehicle must satisfy specific criteria that are determined by the manufacturer. Only late-model vehicles with a clean history report can make it into a CPO program sponsored by the manufacturer.
- Thorough inspection and reconditioning; A used car that wears a CPO badge has successfully undergone a check of 100 to 200 different points depending on the manufacturer. Where faults are found and a vehicle falls short, it undergoes a reconditioning process and the inspection process again.
- Extended warranty protection; The majority of CPO programs offer the original basic as well as the original powertrain warranty for certified vehicles. In most cases, companies that give mileage limits and reduced shorter time limits for an original new car warranty tend to extend their CPO programs significantly so. They do this to remain competitive. Manufacturers that give generous new car warranty coverage will typically not increase the limits they have set for their CPOs and if they do, it will not be by much. Instead, what remains of the new car warranty transfers to the new owner.
- Roadside assistance; All kinds of situations can arise when you are on the road which makes roadside assistance important. Many CPO programs come with 24-hour roadside assistance. It lasts as long as the extended basic warranty coverage is valid. This is of great help to owners in situations where they run out of gas, need to be jump-started or lock themselves out of the car.
- Low-interest financing; CPO cars always have a higher price tag compared to those that are not certified. It is an expense that pays back as CPOs qualify for loans with the reduced interest rates that are offered for new vehicles. Monthly payments will also be lower.
- Leasing; In some cases, auto companies offer CPOs for lease. This is an alternative that is appealing to those who want to drive an upmarket vehicle but are not in a position purchase one.
- Free maintenance; CPO programs will sometimes include completely free maintenance. It is offered for a given period of time with or without limits on mileage as part of the process of certification. Broadly speaking, this advantage takes care of tire rotations and oil changes as per the intervals recommended by the manufacturer. It also takes care of vehicle inspections at the dealership.
- Satisfaction guarantee; This is guaranteed in CPO programs that allow buyers to exchange a vehicle they have bought for another one. If this option is allowed, it is allowed within given time frames and mileage limits. This should not be confused with a money-back guarantee where a vehicle can be returned for a full refund.
Where to get it
Chesapeake residents and those in the vicinity looking for a good deal on CPO vehicles can find them at Cavalier Ford Chesapeake Square. The dealership on 4021 Portsmouth Boulevard Chesapeake, VA 23321 runs a Ford CPO program. Fords that qualify undergo a 172-point inspection. Those that don’t have the rigorous test have parts repaired or replaced before undergoing testing again by factory-trained auto technicians.
The Cavalier Ford Chesapeake Square Ford CPO Program offers buyer a number of benefits. They include detailed vehicle history report, 24-hour roadside assistance, comprehensive limited warranty coverage and powertrain limited warranty.